The Mystery of Sasassa Valley
- Brief Synopsis:
- Long Synopsis:
- Book Quality:
- Book Size:
- 13 Pages
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- Mystery and Thrillers
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare.org Volunteer
Reviews of The Mystery of Sasassa Valley (1 review)
Reviewer: Nathalie Brossard
Jack Turnbull and Tom Donahue are two friends. Tom Donahue is called lucky Tom. The story is based on how Tom got this nickname. The Sasassa valley is probably in Africa. One night, a friend tells Jack and Tom about the local legend and of the Sasassa valley being haunted. The friend has seen a red light coming from a crag in the valley. Tom gets an idea and when he and Jack go to the valley they too see the light. Tom then rigs up a surveying instrument consisting of 2 sticks placed crosswise. One stick is fixed to the ground while the other moves up and down. They see the light again and mark its position using the sticks. The cause of the light is a diamond which they find and make their pile. The friend Dick is richly rewarded and they seem to settle down and begin farming right in the Sasassa valley. Written by Pranav Lal.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.