The Master of the World
- Brief Synopsis:
- Long Synopsis:
- Book Quality:
- Book Size:
- 131 Pages
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- Literature and Fiction
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare.org Volunteer
Reviews of The Master of the World (1 review)
Reviewer: Nathalie Brossard
This book is a sequel to Robur the conqueror. The book starts with a number of strange occurrences that take place in the USA. For instance, residents of the town of MORGANTON begin to see strange lights and to hear strange sounds from a crater of a volcano that has been instinct for some time. There is much fear and consternation since people believe that the volcano is coming to life. Then an extremely fast car is sighted in several states of the USA. This car wins the race held by the automobile club of Wisconsin. Its speed is over 120 miles per hour. Other unusual phenomena include the agitation of the waters of several of the great lakes by a submarine craft. In the mean time, inspector John Strock of the USA police is charged with investigating this mystery. He finally succeeds in getting on board the terror as the craft is called. It can go on air, land and on water. Her captain is none other than Robur. The terror is destroyed and her crew killed when Robur tries to defy a thunder storm. The book is a tribute to genius and provides a sobering lesson in what can go wrong if an ego is taken too far. Written by Pranav Lal.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.