- Table View
- List View
Give every student a deeper understanding of physical science
Give every student a deeper understanding of physical science! GlencoePhysical Scienceintegrates accurate and comprehensive coverage of physics and chemistry with mathematics through accessible text, engaging features, and a variety of hands-on experiences. The critical-thinking opportunities, real-world applications, and technology resources lead students to a deeper understanding of physical science, while building science process skills.
This book presents a substantial introduction to the fundamental behavior of matter and energy. It introduces basic concepts and key ideas while providing opportunities for students to learn reasoning skills and a new way of thinking about their environment.
"Physical Science: The Challenge of Discovery" contains Introducing Physical Science, Motion, Forces, and Energy, Heat, Electricity and Magnetism, Waves, Sound, and Light, A Close-Up Look at Matter, Chemical Interactions, Chemical Systems, and Energy and Society.
People are naturally curious. They want to understand the world around them. They want to understand what makes flowers grow and how their own bodies work. The field of science would probably not exist if it were not for human curiosity about the natural world. People also want to be able to make good guesses about the future. They want to know how to use alternative forms of energy. They want to improve technology and communications.
A physical science book that engages students in a way they will easily understand and enjoy.
This book empowers students to make the connection between the science taught in school and the one they experience daily.
Physical Science is the study of non-living systems, as opposed to a study of biological sciences or living systems. It consists of physics, chemistry, astronomy and earth science. It also includes scientific method and experimentation and this is what this textbook is all about.
Physical Science: Investigating Matter and Energy is a primary text for an introductory course covering the physical sciences.
Contents: Science Skills, Properties & States of Matter, Atomic Structure, The Periodic Table, Chemical Bonds & Reactions, Solutions, Acids, and Bases, Carbon Chemistry, Nuclear Chemistry, Motion, Forces and Motion, Forces in Fluids, Work, Power, and Machines, Energy, Thermal Energy and Heat, Mechanical Waves and Sounds, The Electromagnetic Spectrum and Light, Optics, Electricity, Magnetism, Earth's Interior, Earth's Surface, Weather and Climate, The Solar System & Exploring the Universe.
An introductory science text.
Physical Science with Earth provides students with accurate and comprehensive content coverage of physical science integrated with Earth science. This highly engaging integrated program brings together physics,chemistry, Earth science, space science, and mathematics. This course, together with a biology course, prepares students for many state/district graduation exams administered at 10th grade.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.