- Table View
- List View
The first step in making environmental decisions is to understand how humans interact with the environment. Environmental science is the study of the natural processes that occur in the environment and how humans can affect them. When people make decisions about environmental issues, the information provided by environmental scientists is a starting point. The next step is to decide what to do with the information. But environmental decisions also involve discussions of values, not just facts and figures. Environmental decisions usually require considering many different points of view. Most of these viewpoints fall into one of these three categories: development, preservation, or conservation.
Science textbook, focusing on our environment, for middle school students.
This Science Explorer (Guided Reading and Study Workbook) contains lessons on Target Reading Skills Handbook, Populations and Communities, Ecosystems and Biomes, Living Resources, Land, Water, and Air Resources and Energy Resources.
Textbook on earth science, for California students.
Focus On Life educates middle grade students about cells, evolution, living things and human body systems.
All organisms are made of small building blocks called cells. A cell is the basic unit of structure and function in an organism. The smallest cells are so tiny that you could fit over a million of them on the period at the end of this sentence.
This book meets the needs of middle grades students, promotes science inquiry, and is aligned with the National Science Education Standards.
This edition contains unit lessons on Exploring Planet Earth, Earth's Changing Surface, Earth's Waters, Weather and Climate and Astronomy. Reference Section and Skills Handbook are additional features.
Grade 7 science textbook
This Study Workbook contains Introduction to Earth Science, Mapping Earth's Surface, Minerals, Rocks, Plate Tectonics, Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Weathering and Soil Formation, Erosion and Deposition, A Trip through Geologic Time, Energy Resources, Fresh Water, Ocean Motions, Ocean Zones, The Atmosphere, Weather Factors, Weather Patterns, Climate and Climate Change, Earth, Moon, and Sun, The Solar System, and Stars, Galaxies, and the Universe.
This section describes how scientists explore problems and seek answers to question about the natural world. The section also describes the branches of science.
This "Inside Earth" textbook focuses on Plate Tectonics, Earthquakes,Volcanoes, Minerals, and Rocks.
This book is an introduction to human anatomy and physiology. It goes in to great detail about what each body part does.
Science textbook for middle schoolers, focusing on human biology and health.
This book covers what kids need to know about anatomy and the functions of each body part.
The book contains chapters on Plate Tectonics, Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Minerals, Rocks, Gold, etc. Reference Section Skills Handbook Inquiry Activities Sharpen your Skills and Skills Lab are additional features of this book.
This book contains topics including Focus on Faults (Plate Tectonics ; Earthquakes; Volcanoes; Minerals; Rocks), Interdisciplinary Exploration; Gold--The Noble Metal, etc.) The book also includes Reference Section, Skills Handbook and Activities.
Science textbook that explores everything inside the Earth.
Lead authors weave together content with hands-on science inquiry that's sure to reach every student. It throws light on every aspect of earth.
Science is both a way of learning about the natural world and the knowledge gained in that process. This body of knowledge is always growing and changing as scientists explore new ideas. Another term for the many ways in which scientists study the world around them is scientific inquiry.
Middle school textbook focusing on life science.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.