- Table View
- List View
This traditional text offers a balanced approach that combines the theoretical instruction of calculus with the best aspects of reform, including creative teaching and learning techniques such as the integration of technology, the use of real data, real-life applications, and mathematical models. The Calculus with Analytic Geometry Alternate, 6/e, offers a late approach to trigonometry for those instructors who wish to introduce it later in their courses.
Advanced Placement Calculus is aligned with the NCTM Standards and the latest AP guidelines and retains the solid, carefully motivated mathematics that characterize previous editions. The Seventh Edition embraces the best aspects of reform by integrating the latest technological tools and by emphasizing real-life data, practical applications, and mathematical models.
The book covers basics of geometry in detail with very useful student help sections like Application of Mathematics in real life,Skill Review,Quizzes,Test Preparation techniques etc.
In addition to its geometry content, this book includes numerous examples and exercises involving algebra, data analysis, and probability. It also helps students to prepare for standardized tests.
An ideal program for struggling students Geometry: Concepts and Applicationscovers all geometry concepts using an informal approach.
An ideal program for struggling students Geometry: Concepts and Applications covers all geometry concepts using an informal approach.
This book will help you use mathematics in your daily life and prepare you for success in future courses and careers.
This book contains a good collection of math exercises and examples.
This textbook talks about real-world uses of geometry
Points, lines, and planes are the basic figures of geometry. In algebra, you used ordered pairs of numbers to locate points on a coordinate plane. You also used tables of ordered pairs and linear equations to locate and draw straight lines on a coordinate plane. Geometry on the coordinate plane is called coordinate geometry.
A mathematics textbook set in accordance to Tennessee education standards. It also gives you practice on problems that are similar to those you might encounter on the EOC test.
George Washington is often called the father of our country. He beat the odds to lead the Continental Army to victory in the Revolutionary War, served as first president of the United States, and then retired from public life to farm Virginia's largest plantation. In this groundbreaking new series, DK brings together fresh voices and DK design values to give readers the most information-packed, visually exciting biographies on the market today. Full-color photographs of people, places, and artifacts, and sidebars on related subjects add dimension and relevance to stories of famous lives that students will love to read. Modern scholarship and a variety of narrative approaches give today's reader a chance to explore the extraordinary worlds of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. This new way of looking at classic subjects creates a unique reading experience that breathes life into the book-report and summer-reading repertoire.
In this thoughtful and incisive biography, the strengths and weaknesses of Washington's presidential leadership are dissected, from his lasting foreign and economic policies to his polarizing denunciation of political parties and his public silence about slavery. The result is a surprising portrait of the multidimensional man behind the myth he so assiduously crafted.
This book examines the remarkable life of George Washington. Readers will learn about Washington's family background, childhood, education, military and political career, and societal contributions.
Learn more about important dates and concepts in American history.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.