- Table View
- List View
Helping you develop critical thinking skills is an important tool of Holt Economics. Throughout Holt Economics, you are asked to think critically about the events and processes that shape your global, national and local economy. Critical thinking is the reasoned judgment of information and ideas.
Holt Elements of Literature: Essentials of American Literature, 5th Course contains a lot of resource materials to study literature.
The book broadly covers selections from major forms of literature fiction, poetry, drama, biographies of authors among others. Each section contains a detailed critical introduction to each form, brief biographies of the authors, and a clear, concise editorial apparatus.
This Virginia edition contains an anthology of American Literature.
This edition helps students to achieve five major goals: reading, literature, writing, listening and speaking, and research.
The book helps the student become an effective writer. In this book, the student learns to identify and write for a variety of audiences and learns how to insert elements from the writing process to inform the reader.
Holt Elements of Literature, Fifth Course: Literature of the United States with Literature of the Americasby Richard Vacca Robert E. Probst Robert Anderson John Malcolm Brinnin John Leggett
This book provides a great selection of American literature, beginning with Native American and moving on to the twentieth century.
The book provides Academic Standards for Reading, Writing, and Speaking and Listening, which will be required by the students to master by the end of the eleventh grade.
This book is written with a solutions-oriented approach to emphasise the human and ecological implications of environmental problems.
This text satisfies our curiosity on the environment; why things are the way they are, and how the things are the happen the way they do. it challenges every individual to learn, acquire knowledge, and understand the world we live in
This book has many features designed to help New York students study geometry effectively.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.