- Table View
- List View
This book makes learning interesting, by combining logical thinking with math skills and concepts to meet new problem-solving challenges.
The program provides a careful balance of concepts and skills. Traditional arithmetic skills and procedures are covered through their repeated use in problems and through distributed practice.
The Math Trailblazers program provides a careful balance of concepts and skills with intent to prepare children for the 21st century. It contains unit lessons on Populations and Samples, Big Numbers, Fractions and Ratios, Division and Data, Investigating Fractions, Geometry, Decimals and Probability, Applications: An Assessment Unit, Connections to Division, Maps and Coordinates, Using Fractions, Ration and Proportion, Using Circles, Developing Formulas with Geometry & Bringing it All Together.
Daily homework pages for each child in the class.
Math textbook from Silver Burdett Ginn for Grade 5 students.
Matilda Bone is a 180 page historical novel for children and interested adults written by Karen Cushman, the critically acclaimed writer of children's books and author of the Newbery medal novel The Midwife's Apprentice and the Newbery Honor novel Catherine, Called Birdy. Thorndike provides the following summary: In Blood and Bone Alley, where she has come to serve Red Peg the Bonesetter, Matilda finds she is alone in her belief that prayer and devotion are the only worthy pursuits. Here she has to go to market, tend the fire, mix plasters and poultices, and help treat patients. Surrounded by people who laugh and joke and eat sausages, while she herself seeks higher things, Matilda feels alone and misunderstood. How she yearns for her former life at the manor, where she was instructed by Father Leufredus and her most difficult task was to find her way to the privy in the dark! With the fascinating and pungent world of medieval medicine as a backdrop, Matilda Bone is the compelling, comic story of a girl learning to live contentedly in this world. "A fascinating glimpse into the colorful life and times of the 14th century." - School Library Journal
"Ruth Chew's classic books perfectly capture the joy of everyday magic."--Mary Pope Osborne, bestselling author of the Magic Tree House seriesRuth Chew's chapter books are full of simple, matter-of-fact magic that's sure to enchant budding fantasy readers.When Katy and Louise find the key to the locked drawer in Katy's bureau, they aren't impressed by old things belonging to Katy's Aunt Martha. There can't be anything special about the old robe, broken mirror, tin box, or red rubber boots inside, can there? But when Louise dons the robe during the school play and suddenly disappears, Katy and Louise realize that they might just be able to have some grand adventures with the things that Aunt Martha left behind.From the Hardcover edition.
Steve buys a time machine at a garage sale and takes his friend Max to the year 1250, where they land in the middle of a jousting match, with the fierce Sir Bevis as an enemy.
Steve and his friend Max use their time machine to return to the richest, roughest boomtown in the old Wild West where they pursue Gentleman John Hooten, the Rhyming Robber of the Rockies.
When a TV game show comes to Bayport, a crime wave begins. As Frank and Joe fight a grudge match with the current team champions, they are also trying to discover who on the staff of the show is the mastermind behind burglaries that seem to follow the traveling show.
Revised in 2012 Maya: Amazing Inventions You Can Build Yourself introduces readers ages 9-12 to the world of the ancient Maya, the most advanced and mysterious civilization of the New World. From ceremonial masks to hieroglyphics, and calendars to musical instruments, Maya: Amazing Inventions You Can Build Yourself gives readers a chance to experience how the Maya lived, cooked, worshipped, entertained themselves, and interacted with their neighbors through hands on building projects that use common household supplies. Detailed step-by-step instructions for each project are combined with historical facts and anecdotes, biographies, and trivia. Together they give kids a first-hand look at daily life in ancient Mesoamerica..
Planet Earth is about to be destroyed. What about survivors?
Election day is right around the corner, and guess who's running for class president? A.J. and Andrea! Mayor Hubble is going to teach the kids all the ins and outs of politics, and every vote counts. Who's going to win? Who's going to lose? And who's going to kiss a baby? Ew, gross!
A gripping tale about the search for a legendary Raptor. To find him, seekers must survive a dangerous underground maze.
McGraw-Hill Health has ten chapters, each one focusing on a special area of health. Every chapter has three or more lessons, plus special features for you to study and enjoy.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.