- Table View
- List View
The program provides a careful balance of concepts and skills. Students using this program will become proficient problem solvers, will know when and how to apply the mathematics they have learned, and will be able to clearly communicate their mathematical knowledge.
"Ruth Chew's classic books perfectly capture the joy of everyday magic."--Mary Pope Osborne, bestselling author of the Magic Tree House seriesRuth Chew's chapter books are full of simple, matter-of-fact magic that's sure to enchant budding fantasy readers.When Katy and Louise find the key to the locked drawer in Katy's bureau, they aren't impressed by old things belonging to Katy's Aunt Martha. There can't be anything special about the old robe, broken mirror, tin box, or red rubber boots inside, can there? But when Louise dons the robe during the school play and suddenly disappears, Katy and Louise realize that they might just be able to have some grand adventures with the things that Aunt Martha left behind.From the Hardcover edition.
Mathew Henson survived poverty and racism as an African American, and he survived the dangers and challenges of the Arctic one of the first people to reach the North Pole. This book tells the story of a man who risked his life to achieve his dreams.
Steve buys a time machine at a garage sale and takes his friend Max to the year 1250, where they land in the middle of a jousting match, with the fierce Sir Bevis as an enemy.
Steve and his friend Max use their time machine to return to the richest, roughest boomtown in the old Wild West where they pursue Gentleman John Hooten, the Rhyming Robber of the Rockies.
When a TV game show comes to Bayport, a crime wave begins. As Frank and Joe fight a grudge match with the current team champions, they are also trying to discover who on the staff of the show is the mastermind behind burglaries that seem to follow the traveling show.
Examines the life of the African-American poet, from her childhood in the segregated South to her rise to prominence as a writer.
Planet Earth is about to be destroyed. What about survivors?
Election day is right around the corner, and guess who's running for class president? A.J. and Andrea! Mayor Hubble is going to teach the kids all the ins and outs of politics, and every vote counts. Who's going to win? Who's going to lose? And who's going to kiss a baby? Ew, gross!
Spanish science textbook.
An easy to read English book for children.
McGraw-Hill Reading Wonders is a book full of beautifully illustrated stories and is written in a simple language. The biggest bonus in this book is cover-to-cover full-color presentation coupled with discussion questions.
This grade4 science covers lessons on 1. Life Science: The World of Living Things; Animals as Living Things, 2.Earth Science: Earth and Beyond; Water and Weather, 3.Physical Science: Matter; and Energy.
Scientists study books and articles to find out facts. They also ask questions. They always try to test their ideas for themselves.
From the book: No one believes Mozie. His elflike face doesn't help. With only one expression--elfin--it's hard to make people believe you're scared out of your wits. And that's how Mozie's felt ever since he first experienced the pull of "McMummy." Taking care of an absent professor's greenhouse, Mozie finds himself moving like a zombie, drawn deep among the enormous plants, until he's face to stem with it, a hummiag, moving, human-sized pod! But along with the fear, Mozie begins to feel something else, some connection to the oversized vegetable. Does McMummy need Mozie's help? His friendship? A young boy's life can't really turn into a bad horror movie, can it? Stay tuned for Invasion of the Human Bean! Is Mozie escaping into fantisy or should he be escaping a very real danger? Betsy Byars reveals the answer in a scary hilarious and poignant novel about loss, love, and things that go hummm in the night.
When Widow Tulip Jones of Bore, England, inherits a ranch in By-Golly Gully, Texas, and moves in with two trunks of tea, twelve pet tortoises, and three servants, hilarity ensues. The peaceful life suits the wealthy widow fine until word gets out and every unmarried man in Texas lines up to marry her. Widow Tulip and her small staff of three can't possibly run the farm and manage all the suitors, so she devises a plan--and it just might work. This story filled with giant tortoises, 1,000 brides, bad guys, a smart widow, and even a little romance is sure to get kids laughing.
The lessons in this Measuring Up book are geared to help students review and practice the English language arts that they need to know for their grade level according to the California Content Standards established by the State of California.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.