- Table View
- List View
Discover more about the stories, poems, and essays in Elements of Literature by logging on to the Internet. At go.hrw.com we help complete your homework assignments, learn more about your favorite writers, and find facts that support your ideas and inspire you with new ones.
Literature textbook for 9th graders.
This book is written with a solutions-oriented approach to emphasise the human and ecological implications of environmental problems.
This text satisfies our curiosity on the environment; why things are the way they are, and how the things are the happen the way they do. it challenges every individual to learn, acquire knowledge, and understand the world we live in
This book has many features designed to help New York students study geometry effectively.
Holt Handbook can help you learn to avoid making errors and to correct the errors you do make. Studying grammar, usage, and mechanics gives you the skills you need to take sentences and passages apart and to put them together, to learn which parts go together and which don't.
"The reason English is a required subject in almost all schools is that nothing in your education is more important than learning how to express yourself well. You may know a vast amount about a subject, but if you are unable to communicate what you know, you are severely handicapped. No matter how valuable your ideas may be, they will not be very useful if you cannot express them clearly and convincingly. Language is the means by which people communicate. By learning how your language functions and by practicing language skills, you can acquire the competence necessary to express adequately what you know and what you think."
Interactive Reading is designed to accompany Holt Literature and Language Arts. Like Holt Literature and Language Arts, it's designed to help you interact with the literature and master the California language arts content standards. Picture this: a book chock full of intriguing stories that you want to read and informational articles that are really interesting. Make it a book that actually tells you to write in it, circling, underlining, adding your own questions, jotting down responses. Fill it with graphic organizers that encourage you to think in a different way. Make it a size that's easy to carry around. That's Interactive Reading--a book created especially for you.
A book that can help you learn to avoid making errors and to correct the errors you do make. More importantly, though, it gives you the skills you need to take sentences and passages apart and to put them together, to learn which parts go together and which don't. Instead of writing sentences and passages that you hope sound good, you can craft your sentences to create just the meaning and style you want.
This book covers important topics of Algebra in detail with focus on interactive student exercises.
This book covers Algebra in detail for high school students.
prepare students for future Algebra courses and also consolidate the core ideas of previous mathematics courses, so that it will serve students of varied mathematics backgrounds. The contents of this course are many of the fundamental ideas and procedures necessary to be successful in subsequent mathematics courses and many careers.
An English Spanish learning textbook.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.