- Table View
- List View
"You might notice that there are many unique elements in this textbook. By reading the next few pages, you will learn how the different parts of this textbook will help you to become a successful science student. You may be tempted to skip this section, but you should read it. This textbook is an important tool in your exploration of science. Like any tool, the more you know about how to use this textbook, the better your results will be. "
The book contains unit lessons on Studying the Earth, Composition of the Earth, History of the Earth, the dynamic Earth, reshaping the crust, Oceans, Atmospheric Forces, and Space.
Helping you develop critical thinking skills is an important tool of Holt Economics. Throughout Holt Economics, you are asked to think critically about the events and processes that shape your global, national and local economy. Critical thinking is the reasoned judgment of information and ideas.
Communications shows you how to develop the skills you use to receive communications through reading, listening, and viewing and to send communications through writing, speaking, and representing.
Learn more about literature in this high-school textbook
Holt Elements of Literature: Essentials of American Literature, 5th Course contains a lot of resource materials to study literature.
This Virginia edition contains an anthology of American Literature.
Students will learn about Core Skills, Critical Thinking, Reading/Literature, Speaking/Listening, and Writing/Usage/Grammar throughout the book. Students will also read texts by professional writers and learn the inside stories behind your favorite authors. They will also learn to build word power and analyze messages in the media. As they move through Elements of Literature, they will find the best online resources at go.hrw.com.
The book provides Academic Standards for Reading, Writing, and Speaking and Listening, which will be required by the students to master by the end of the eleventh grade.
This resource book is divided into seven collections Viz., The Ancient Middle East (3000 B.C.--A.D.100); Ancient Greek and Roman Literature (800 B.C.-A.D. 200); Literature of India, China, And Japan (2500 B.C.-A.D. 1800); Literature of Africa and The Middle East (700 B.C.-A.D. 1800); European Literature from The Middle Ages to The Enlightenment (500-1800); European Literature in the Nineteenth Century (1800 -1900); and Modern and Contemporary World Literature (1900 - Present).
This book is written with a solutions-oriented approach to emphasise the human and ecological implications of environmental problems.
This text satisfies our curiosity on the environment; why things are the way they are, and how the things are the happen the way they do. it challenges every individual to learn, acquire knowledge, and understand the world we live in
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.