- Table View
- List View
Wah Lambi Khamoshi is the Hindi translation of 1990 Sahitya Akademi Award-winning novel That Long Silence. This is in effect, a slow, cruel self-revelation. The novel traces the life of narrator Jaya Kulkarni who is married to Mohan and is mother of two children. The novel exposes threadbare, the tense realities of the average Indian family’s architecture. Wah Lambi Khamoshi crawls in a very slow present while shuttling to span a long, complex past of multiple family ties, giving it an annoying sense of unmoving station – the narrative flow frozen. It is a personal redemption to a battle already lost.
Sri Viyogihar writes in a particular fashion and forces the reader and different sections of the society to act in the way they are expected to.
The novel was published in three parts in Vichitra magazine. In first two parts it was called Teen Peedhiyan (Three Generations) and in the third it was named as Yogayog. One more jewel from one of the greatest writer from India.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.