- Table View
- List View
Written by Viraj, the book Tiranga Jhanda is based on the tricolor flag on Indian Republic. The book consists of four small plays. In all the four plays the writer tells the readers to give everything for their mother country.
Uthaigeer is an autobiographical novel as a member of the downtrodden society. A sharp satire on the social inequality which is quite clear and vocal in the story.
The book contains lectures of Heras Memorial lecture series on state and dynasties in ancient india. The lectures were given by Romila Thapar in February 1980 at St Xaviers college. In these lectures the nature of Indian society in the first millenium BC has been highlighted.
Vardaan is a tragic story of two lovers. The lovers who played together since childhood and dreamt of spending their lives together, dreams shattered like playing cards. The novel has the love story of Virjan and Pratap and at the same time Madhvi and Pratap. In the end Madhvi decides to leave everything and becomes a yogini. An intense story which is a must-read for Premchand lovers.
Romain Rolland was strongly influenced by the Vedanta philosophy of India, primarily through the works of Swami Vivekananda. He gives a brief sketch of the lives of Ramkrishna and Vivekananda and introduces the vedanta philosophy to the readers. Readers also know the life and journeys of Swami Vivekananda.
Wah Lambi Khamoshi is the Hindi translation of 1990 Sahitya Akademi Award-winning novel That Long Silence. This is in effect, a slow, cruel self-revelation. The novel traces the life of narrator Jaya Kulkarni who is married to Mohan and is mother of two children. The novel exposes threadbare, the tense realities of the average Indian family’s architecture. Wah Lambi Khamoshi crawls in a very slow present while shuttling to span a long, complex past of multiple family ties, giving it an annoying sense of unmoving station – the narrative flow frozen. It is a personal redemption to a battle already lost.
Sri Viyogihar writes in a particular fashion and forces the reader and different sections of the society to act in the way they are expected to.
The novel was published in three parts in Vichitra magazine. In first two parts it was called Teen Peedhiyan (Three Generations) and in the third it was named as Yogayog. One more jewel from one of the greatest writer from India.
Based on the national policy of education, the Maharastra government has made this book to suit the needs of the students of Maharstra. This book contains the language and literature of Hindi for class eleventh of Maharastra Education Board.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.