- Table View
- List View
"The aim of this book is to inspect the explanation of Indian history given by Nationalists. The book's objective is an historical study and interpretation of scientific method in the study of Indian history and to awake the need of the utility to use its significant highlights.
The book is an honest endeavour to find how the Indians under colonial rule established an equation with their past and present. A time in Indian history which is famously called creative self inspection. Definitely a book which should be read extensively by readers of Indian history.
This play is based on the life of Krishna when he was just a child. The play touches briefly on many of the teasing activities of the god Krishna.
This book of poetry is based on the life of Mahatma Gandhi who is also known by the name of Baapu.
Badi Didi is a story of one person who had everything from vigor to intellect to trust but he wasn’t able to do any work individually. He needed one person each and every time to give him inspiration, so he depended on his stepmother but later on he was impressed upon by the elder sister.
Ramnath Shastri has given expression to the lives of Dogra women. He has sketched the different aspects of women's lives in Duggar society.
This book tells how, when and where Mahatma Gandhi was murdered and what was behind his murder.
In Islam there is no space of discrimination based on birth but in India the situations are very different. This book tries to study those inequalities. A must have book for students of sociology and political science of Indian Universities.
Bhartendu Harischandra tried to make the Desi language more popular in India. He had lots to give to Hindi journalism and literature. The writer has presented an invaluable study on this literary giant.
A marvelous collection of stories for children with variety of content and topics. The author has tried to make realistic stories, so readers will be find these closer to themselves.
Part three of the collection of children's stories. The present collection also contains stories from different Indian languages.
Children's fiction as been very rich since ancient times. The original children's stories that were written in Indian languages in the second half of the twentieth century are selected in this part.
Habeeb looks at the attack on Indian state by the Gaznis and the establishment of the families. The reader can find the hate factor for those responsible for rift between Hindu and Muslim unity. The important factor of Habeebs thought process is deep sympathy to the people at the grass root level.
The book a compilation of articles from various newspapers and magazines, describes the pathetic condition of women in India in 21st century.
Book on unsung freedom fighter of the state of Bihar, India.
Billi Houseboat Par is a fascinating story of a cat eating papaya, who goes to Kashmir with her masters. She makes a lot of friends there and enjoys a lot. A beautiful story of children who love traveling.
The poems from Gauhar Jalali are filled with the human religion. The literature is idealistic as well as progressive.
The poem Chadhta Suraj by Gaurav Jalali states that time is moving fast and the generation of today would be looked by generation of tomorrow as dead and decomposed. The creation of poet resembles of Kabir.
Chandra Pahad is the creation of the famous Bengali storyteller Vibhutibhushan Bandhyopadhyay. Sahitya Akademi for the first time presents a unique story of the daring teenager.
A book which compelled and drove the imagination of a generation and brought Hindi to the forefront, Chandrakanta is first work of prose in modern Hindi language.
The novel is set in Bengali society of the early 1900's and has four main women characters, two are the ones on whom the accusation of being charitraheen (of loose character) is made. Kiranmayi is the most striking character of the novel. Young and extremely beautiful, very intelligent and argumentative. She surprises and impresses all the three main men in the novel - Satish, Upendra and Diwakar - but her life is ultimately reduced to a shambles by these unthinking men. The three men play very important roles in the lives of the four women, but most of the time, their actions are detrimental to the women. They are orthodox, unthinking, and not in control of their emotions. There is a redemption of all the women in the end but wrong done to the women cannot be righted just like that, even if the women themselves feel so.The depiction of orthodox Hindu society in conflict with Western thoughts brought in by British rule is good. The character sketches are the best part, and their emotions, swinging from one end of the spectrum to the other, make for thoughtful reading.
Set in Bengali society of the early 1900's this novel is a depiction of orthodox Hindu society in conflict with Western thoughts brought in by British rule is good.
This book will help people to live their daily lives with lots of positivity and will motivate them to think seriously about different issues.
In the current world where everyone is running after money, people get involved in indecent activities. These indecent activities give birth to corruption. The writer has given a solution to this problem with the help of the two characters of the novel.
A collection of short stories of Premchand especially written for children. The stories look to the world with the innocence of childhood.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.