- Table View
- List View
An exciting story full of adventure-travel. The traveling girls get separated in the darkness of the jungle. They took all the challenges jungle threw at them, and came out as winners. An interesting story full of episodes and adventures.
Jungle Taapu is about the world of animals. One day a child comes there accidentally. A sensation spreads all over the jungle. He starts growing with the animals. One day he has to leave the jungle. Why? To know, read this interesting story.
Set in 1857, Kabootaron Ki Udaan is a translation of the famous novel written by Ruskin. It is a story of Ruth Labadoor reaching to her relatives with the help of Hindu and Muslim friends. A story so interesting that a famous film director couldn’t resist making a film of this story. A classic from Ruskin and a must-read.
The play was written in a time when Bihari theatre didn’t have much of the play to be staged. Kalpana is an attempt to give a realistic play to be staged. Although there are only three or four characters in the play, it brings effectiveness in the play.
Kamayani looks at the Chayawaadi school of Hindi poetry. It plays continuously with the human emotions and takes metaphors from mythologies. The chapters even are named after the emotions. The plot is based on the Vedic story where Manu, the man surviving after the deluge (Pralaya), is emotionless (Bhavanasunya). Anyone having interest in Hindi poetry must read it.
Recognized as the foremost writer in both Hindi and Urdu during the early twentieth century Premchand in this novel depicts the truthfulness of Gandhian way of fighting the odds in life. Indeed a novel down to earth with many lessons to learn.
Karmu Pradhan is a play of a boy who gave prime importance to "KARMA". The play also gives artistic energy to the rural development which becomes evident while seeing the unfolding of the events in the play.
A series of selections from the Hindi quarterly Samakalin Bharatiya Sahitya. Those who are inclined towards the Hindi plays must read this and have this book in their collection.
The book deals with the problems writers face while writing literature. The author picks up all the major problematic areas and tries to explain them.
Laxmi Bahu is the Hindi translation work of the Bengali novel Lakhi Bau. It has been written for the womenfolk to follow the steps of Laxmi in the novel. There has been a little bit of change from the Bengali version to make its appeal universal in nature.
As per the name of it, the book describes the life of Lokmany bal Gangadhar Tilak. The play describes some interesting stories of Lokmanya's life. Readers are bound to get lots of motivation after reading it.
Initially published in English, this book displays the power of the common man. The book is based on some of the real incidents with Powel Blasov and his mother Nilovena. Written during the years 1905-07 this book is still popular with the readers all over the world
Story of a simple romance woven around the blind faith of the fishermen in coastal area of Kerala. Awarded by Sahitya Akademi in 1957, it presents the real picture of fishermens' lives.
In this book, essays on medieval Indian society, culture, including articles on the state have been selected. In places blocks where history writing and culture has been discussed, they display the changes which came in historical thinking in India after Independence.
Mahadevi Rachna Sanchayan is the collection of the stories and poems taken from Verma's personal and social life. It describes the pathetic condition of the neglected, depressed and humiliated society.
The history of Delhi is presented in the form of poetry. The book tries to put both the story and poem together. The history of Delhi has been put in the chronological way.
Makhanlal Chaturvedi has written in all forms of literature. He has made the art of life an immortalized one. He has given new dimension to the expression and a sense of dedication to the literature. Srikant Joshi brings brings out the colours of life of Chaturvedi.
An uncompleted work of Premchand, Mangalsutra. A progressive story indicating a clear picture of development in his age. Mangalsutra, a necklace for the bride, is worn in India and the story till the uncompleted end revolves around the lady protagonist.
Mangalsutra is based on the women's right to lead independent lives. This fact is depicted beautifully in this play by Vrindawan Lal Verma.
Manjeer is a collection of small poems written by Nand Kishore Aggarwal. The poet has expressed his anger in the poems in a simple and effective language.
The book is a review of the Mauryas Reign in India. 40 years after writing about the fall of Ashoka and Mauryas, Romila Thapar and other historians have done an extensive research. The reconstruction of the time goes on in the two lectures given in the book.
The poet has shown the state of the village Ahcalpur through his poem. The village is surrounded by hills and a river. The poet has made the villagers and farms the medium of the poem.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.