- Table View
- List View
The book answers many questions as to who is Buddha, his language, his life, whether Buddhism is a religion, branches of Buddhism, how principles of Buddhism spread in various countries other than India though ironically Buddha and Buddhism was born in India, etc.
This book is a biography of Bruce Lee, a Chinese American and Hong Kong actor, martial arts instructor, philosopher, film director, film producer, screenwriter, and founder of the Jeet Kune Do martial arts movement who was also the most influential martial artist of modern times, and a cultural icon.
A brief account of Siddhartha Gautama Buddha, a spiritual teacher who founded Buddhism, and his preaching.
It contains 52 patriotic songs under five chapters of Poet Bharathiar.
Bharathiar’s songs are eye openers and in the nature of awakening the spirit of the readers. This is a collection of Poems of Wisdom (25 Poems), Variety Poems (11 Poems) and Autobiography in poetic format.
Kannan pattu comprises 23 chapters each in which the poet considers God Krishna in various roles as mother, father, servant, king, disciple, guru (teacher), child, lover, master, deity and so on. Kuyil pattu (Songs of Cuckoo) praises the glory of cuckoo in 9 chapters.
This book describes the functioning of various types of cameras which would be very useful to all people interested in photography.
This book is a Tamil translation by Rama Thirunavukkarasu from Ashokmitra’s English version of Rabindranath Tagore’s Bengali original version of Chaduranga comprising four chapters viz., Uncle, Sachish, Damini and Sribilash.
This book is a biography of Chanakya aka Kautilya and Vishnugupta, an architect of Maurya Empire. The book presents the extracts of his political treatise called the Arthasastra.
This book is a biography of Charles Spencer Chaplin globally familiar as "Charlie" Chaplin who was an English comic actor, film director and composer during the silent film era.
This book is a translation in Tamil of award winning Malayalam novel Chemmeen (Prawns) written by Thakazhi Sivasankara Pillai and the story is set in a fisher-folk community in Kerala, South India, who believes that the safe return of a fisherman from the sea depends on the fidelity of his wife waiting for him on shore. A novel with full of emotions was also made into an National Award winning feature film in Malayalam.
This book narrates the successful journey of Viswanathan Anand, an Indian chess Grandmaster and World Chess Champion on the path of achievement in the field of Chess.
This book vividly narrates the history and geography of China, its National Identities, Unique Culture, Religion, Currency, Festivals and the Industries, etc. Facts on The Indo-China War and The Great Wall of China are two attractive features of this book which are interesting and informative.
This book narrates the life history of Jesus Christ, his gospels and Christianity.
A compilation of speeches of the author on educational broadcast over All India Radio at Chennai on the topics of 'power of words' for 5 days during 1952. The speeches cover the origin of words, usage, musical content, grammar and dialect.
This book narrates, with simple examples, the importance and the necessity for planning. It discusses the required frame of mind and the matters to be borne in mind while planning.
A compilation of fifteen short stories of mystery and suspense.
The author explains, with a lot of wit and humour, the importance and management of time.
This illustrated book will ensure all cricket-lovers have a pleasurable reading. Starting from the origin of cricket it covers almost everything about cricket.
This book is a condensed Tamil translation of Robert Louis Stevenson’s English novel “Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde”. The story, full of suspense and mystery, is about the fate of a Doctor-Scientist with a split personality.
This book is a biography of Thomas Alva Edison, an American inventor, scientist, and businessman who developed many devices that greatly influenced life around the world.
A science fiction serialized in a popular Tamil weekly during 80s. With advancing mechanization, this novel interestingly visualizes what would happen in 2021 A.D.
This book is a useful health guide on human eye. Explaining how the organ functions the book cautions on the dangers even if a small ailment is ignored and the need for protection of eyes for a healthy and sound vision.
Popati Hiranandani was a versatile Sindhi writer who has made a formidable presence in twentieth-century Sindhi literature. She wrote on multiple genres: the novel, short fiction, poetry and biography, as well as literary criticism. She won several awards including the Sahitya Akademi Award and the Gaurav Puraskar from the Maharashtra Government. This book is a Tamil translation by Lakshmi Narayanan of Popati R. Hiranandani's Akademi Award Winning Sindhi autobiography, Muhinji Hayati-a-JaSona Ropa Warq.
As a useful guide for students, this book explains what is engineering and its relationship with mathematics and science and details on various engineering courses available and guides how to join an engineering college.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.