- Table View
- List View
PORTRAIT OF AMERICA is an anthology of essays written by some of America?s most eminent historians. The collection maintains a loose biographical focus. The essays in this secondary-source reader humanize American history by portraying it as a story of real people with whom students can easily identify. More than 25 percent of the essays in the Tenth Edition are new, many from books that have been nationally and internationally recognized for their insight, accuracy, and timeliness, ensuring that the readings continue to be provocative and trustworthy. Each selection is preceded by an introduction for context, and a helpful glossary identifies important individuals, events, and concepts. Study questions follow each selection, prompting students to make comparisons between the readings.
Portrait of America is an anthology of essays written by some of America's most eminent historians. Suitable for U. S. history survey courses, the collection maintains a loose biographical focus. The essays in this secondary-source reader humanize American history by portraying it as a story of real people with whom students can easily identify. More than 20 percent of the essays in the Ninth Edition are new. Each selection is preceded by an introduction for context, and a helpful glossary identifies important individuals, events, and concepts. Study questions follow each selection, prompting students to make comparisons between the readings.
Comprehensive and easy to use, the revised and updated seventh edition covers practical math problems that automotive technicians will face on the job. The easy-to-read and well organized chapters of Practical Problems in Mathematics for Automotive Technicians, Seventh Edition feature step-by-step instructions, diagrams, charts, and examples that facilitate the problem-solving process while reinforcing key concepts. The presentation builds from the basics of whole-number operations to cover percentages, linear measurement, ratios, and the use of more advanced formulas. With a special section on graphs, scale reading of test meters, and invoices found in the workplace, this text is tailor-made for students in any automotive course of study!
Scientifically research-based program supports state standards in literacy, science, mathematics, social studies, art and music to prepare children for Kindergarten. Teacher's Guides help build and assess children's cognitive skills, alphabet knowledge, and social-emotional development. Interactive charts with songs and activities inspire class discussion and build oral vocabulary. Big Books, Trade Books, and Little Books provide shared reading experiences and develop children's concepts of print.
Scott Foresman Reading Street - Elementary Reading Comprehension Program 2008© is an all-new reading instruction program for Grades PreK-6. Reading Street is designed to help teachers build readers through motivating and engaging literature, scientifically research-based instruction, and a wealth of reliable teaching tools. The reading program takes the guesswork out of differentiating instruction with a strong emphasis on ongoing progress-monitoring and an explicit plan to help with managing small groups of students. In addition, Reading Street prioritizes skill instruction at each grade level, so teachers can be assured they will focus on the right reading skill, at the right time, and for every student.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.