- Table View
- List View
HM READING PUPIL EDITION LVL 1. 3 08
Sweetgrass, a 15-year-old Blackfoot girl, longs to be married like the other girls her age, and she has a young warrior in mind, Eagle-Sun. Her father feels she is too young for marriage, but over a difficult year for their tribe, which include natural disasters, encounters with white settlers, fights with other tribes, and a smallpox epidemic, she proves her courage, intelligence, and maturity. "Vivid characters bring the culture of the Dakota Indians in the 1830s to life through this richly patterned historical novel?An unusually fine first novel. "? Booklist (starred review)"A masterpiece combining elements of an historical novel, a native American, a survival, and a coming-of-age novel?. Will invite re-reading. " ? School Library Journal (starred review)
Teaching, a great text for students considering a career in the field of education, helps the teachers of tomorrow explore the world of education and discover what makes a teacher effective. Students will learn about the history of education in the United States and how schools impact society. They will learn about all types of learners--how they change physically, intellectually, emotionally, and socially--and how that impacts the way they are taught. Additionally they will learn how to design an instructional plan, choose teaching strategies, and create an effective learning environment for their future students. Teaching includes four units: * Unit 1, You: The Teacher of Tomorrow, focuses on what a teacher does, the qualities of an effective teacher, and steps to becoming a teacher. * Unit 2, The Learner, explores human development, developmental theories, and the various developmental stages of children through teens. * Unit 3, The School, describes the early history of education in America, modern history of education, and current aspects of schools, including federal, state, and local responsibilities. * Unit 4, The Teacher, covers learning diversity, what makes an effective teacher, lesson planning, instructional strategies, technology, assessment, classroom management, and the student's future as a teacher.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.