- Table View
- List View
Advanced Placement: World History Test Preparation Guide to accompany Traditions and Encounters, A Global Perspective on the Pastby Jerry H. Bentley Herbert F. Ziegler Dixie Johnson Grupe Sigrid Reynolds
Advanced placement class on world history
This book was written to prepare the nursing assistant or patient care technician to provide advanced patient care procedures. The book includes content on sterile procedures, including preparing and working with a sterile field, using sterile technique, and performing sterile dressing changes, wet to dry dressings. Venipuncture technique is covered in several chapters as well as intravenous procedures and many other advanced skills. The importance of reporting information and observations to the licensed supervisor is emphasized throughout the book. To this end, most chapters contain special text boxes listing observations to be reported and recorded. Added highlights within the text narrative include safety and infection control alerts, and age related information; information that is important to the student and in keeping with the latest health care trends.
Superkids have been helping students enjoy reading for years. This reader provides students opportunities to practice core skills.
This trusted text provides a thorough introduction to agricultural mechanics, covering fundamental mechanical and engineering theory, common tools and materials, and a wide range of practical applications. Units explore essential topics such as career opportunities, shop orientation and procedures, woodworking and metal working, tool fitting, project planning, cutting and welding, paints and paint application, power mechanics, electrical wiring, plumbing, hydraulics, concrete and masonry, and agricultural structures. Safety is also emphasized strongly throughout the text, both within each chapter and in a dedicated unit. To engage today's students and make even complicated principles easier to apply, the text features abundant, full-color images, illustrations, charts, and data tables, as well as detailed drawings of over 50 complete project plans. More than 300 of these visuals have been added or updated for the Seventh Edition, which also boasts a suite of dynamic digital teaching resources, such as an online Coursemate with lecture materials, videos, interactive quizzes, and more. The new edition also includes updates to reflect the latest innovations in materials, machinery, and methods, providing a current and comprehensive guide to help students plan and execute agricultural projects effectively.
A text for students learning basic mechanical skills in high school and postsecondary programs in agriscience, production agriculture, agribusiness, ornamental horticulture, and agricultural mechanics. Treatment begins with information on careers, then provides instruction on basic mechanical skills and applications. Covers use of hand tools, power tools, and stationary power equipment with numerous materials, touching on processes of wood- and metalworking, electric and gas welding, electrical wiring, robotics, plumbing, and construction. Includes color photos of male and female students, and 54 project plans. This fourth edition is revised to reflect the latest developments in the field. Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.