- Table View
- List View
Orchid's jealousy of Sunny Sunflower is exacerbated by Nastina, and only the combined love of all the garden inhabitants is able to put things right.
Sixty-seven familiar and not so familiar fables from Aesop, including the tortoise and the hare, the frogs who wanted a king, the lion who fell in love, and the donkey who danced on the roof.
Peter, the hero of many of Ezra Jack Keats' award-winning books, is upset when his parents paint his old baby furniture pink for his new little sister. There's one thing they haven't painted yet, though: his little blue chair. He'll do whatever it takes to save it--even run away! Now this perennial favorite is accessible to even the youngest child in a durable board book edition, with reinforced pages, a handy trim size, and safe, rounded corners.
Henry loves chocolate so much, it practically flows through his veins. Chocolate cake, chocolate cereal, chocolate syrup, chocolate milk and chocolate cookies-and that's just breakfast! Still, it comes as a shock when he suddenly breaks out in chocolaty brown spots and is diagnosed with none other than . . . Chocolate Fever. Rather than be poked and prodded by doctors, Henry runs away, starting an adventure that puts him in the path of schoolyard bullies, on the road with truckers and up against dangerous thieves. But at the end of it all, the question remains: Is there a cure for Chocolate Fever?
This 2007 Newbery Honor Book is a humorous and heartwarming debut about feeling different and finding acceptance. Now in After Words paperback! Twelve-year-old Catherine just wants a normal life. Which is near impossible when you have a brother with autism and a family that revolves around his disability. She's spent years trying to teach David the rules from "a peach is not a funny-looking apple" to "keep your pants on in public"---in order to head off David's embarrassing behaviors. But the summer Catherine meets Jason, a surprising, new sort-of friend, and Kristi, the next-door friend she's always wished for, it's her own shocking behavior that turns everything upside down and forces her to ask: What is normal?
What makes a great world history textbook? Thorough scholarship and an engaging story Glencoe World History is a full-survey world history program authored by a world-renowned historian, Jackson Spielvogel, and the National Geographic Society. Experiencing world history and understanding its relevance to the modern world is the goal of this program. The program addresses the importance of motivating students and engaging them in meaningful learning?learning that links the past with issues confronting young people today. Glencoe World History addresses student learning on many levels and encourages the reader to become actively involved with the beautifully presented content. .
Although the women are forbidden to participate in the hunt, a young Bushman girl determines to realize her dream of hunting an ostrich.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.