- Table View
- List View
Introduces readers to all aspects of the commercial and residential plumbing trade, including home building. Safety practices are emphasized throughout. Projects provide opportunities for hands-on plumbing practice and actual application. Coverage includes basic knowledge, threaded pipe, waste systems, water systems, heating water, special cases, and fixture installation. This third edition covers current plumbing codes, and adds new pedagogical features. Useful for plumbers preparing to pass the Master Plumber exam. Annotation c. Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Pocket Keys for Writers, 2/e, is a handy reference tool that provides big writing help in a small package. This indispensable pocket-style handbook covers the essentials of the writing process, as well as research, documentation, evaluating print and electronic sources, punctuation, and mechanics. Written by a recognized leader in ESL instruction, Pocket Keys is an excellent resource for ESL writers, with a strong ESL section and ESL notes throughout the text. In short, the text delivers concise, up-to-date, and practical information in a highly accessible, reasonably priced format. The Second Edition of Pocket Keys retains the hallmark Keys organization and use of color, as well as Key Points boxes and the popular Five C's of Style. Also in this edition, material on using visuals in written projects helps students enhance the impact of their documents. Coverage of research and documentation includes using online databases and evaluating web sites.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.