Bookshare® for individuals of all ages!
Bookshare is for individuals of all ages who have disabilities that make it difficult to read printed material. If you are experiencing age-related vision loss, already have a visual impairment, physical disability or a learning disability, you too may qualify for Bookshare.
- Bookshare is the largest online source of accessible copyrighted content. We have very current titles, so you can read what your friends are reading.
- Bookshare adds over a thousand books every month, so you’ll find new books here sooner than in other repositories.
- Download and read Bookshare books on your computer, using our free software. Or you can use the accessible technology of your choice.
- If you don’t have a computer, perhaps a family member can assist with downloading books and helping you read on your computer or transferring the books to your device.
- Bookshare is the January 2011 AFB Senior Site Featured Partner! Find out more about Senior Site, which encourages older adults with eye diseases to live independently and productively, and connects them and their family members to the local services and resources they need.
- October 4, 2010 - Bookshare on the Rachael Ray Show!
- July 22, 2010 - A Family with Disabilities Volunteers for Bookshare
- July 4, 2010 - “Julie and Julia:” A Total Book – Movie Experience” for the Blind
- Room: A Novel by Emma Donoghue
- Freedom: A Novel by Jonathan Franzen
- Little Bee: A Novel by Chris Cleave
- Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
- The Cookbook Collector by Allegra Goodman
Technology Industry Association
January 26 - 29, 2011