First Steps for Veterans
Getting started with Bookshare® is easy:
- Find out if you qualify:
Who is eligible for Bookshare membership? - Flash video, MP3 audio (5 min.) (Transcript)
- If you qualify and are a student,
sign up for Bookshare:
- Or ask your school to sign you up:
- How do I provide individual memberships to my students?- Flash video, MP3 audio (5 min)
- Recommending Individual Memberships for US Students
- If you qualify and are a student, sign up for Bookshare:
- If you qualify but are not enrolled in school, as an
individual you can sign up for
Bookshare. You will need to complete a membership agreement and provide
proof of disability. To learn more, read
U.S. Individuals 18 Years and Over.
Submit membership fee of $75 ($25 one-time set up fee + $50 annual fee)
- Veteran's Hospitals: If your clients qualify, you can them sign up for Bookshare.
For additional guides and information, visit the Training page. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Bookshare is the world's largest online library of accessible books but there are many books yet to be added. If you want to help build the Bookshare library, sign up as a Volunteer.