Benefits of Accessible Books
Bookshare is the world’s largest online library of accessible reading materials for people with print disabilities. Individuals can sign up for membership and access the library on their own. Organizations that serve individuals with print disabilities can sign up and provide access for their students.
What are the benefits of Bookshare?
- Provides 24/7 access to ebooks in formats designed for students who can’t read or process print
- Provides free and low cost reading tools for reading on computers and/or mobile devices
- Enables students with print disabilities to keep up with classmates and read for pleasure
- Encourages independent reading and studying
- Decreases the reliance on, and reduces the cost of, classroom aides for students with print disabilities
Contact your Outreach Coordinator today to learn more about Bookshare.