Can a student with a 504 plan receive NIMAC textbooks?

NIMAC textbooks are only available to K-12 students with print disabilities (as defined by the Chafee Amendment ) and an active IEP (individual education plan) issued by a public education.

Qualifying students who are attending private institutions or are being home-schooled can potentially work with local public schools to create an IEP that will help establish NIMAC access. These students will also need to have a sponsor with an organizational membership, who will manage downloading of NIMAC titles.

Students with a 504 plan, but no IEP, are not eligible for NIMAC access, per the IDEA legislation.