How can I link my student's existing Individual Account to my Organizational Account?
If a student already has Bookshare an Individual Membership account, it is easy to link it to an organizational (school) account. This allows Sponsors (teachers) on that organizational account to assign books to the student, but it also maintains the student's ability to find and read books independently. The linking process must be initiated by a teacher (Sponsor) on the organizational account. Here are the steps the Sponsor must take to link the student's separate Individual Membership with the organizational account:
- Log into your Bookshare account
- Select the "'My Bookshare" link
- Select the "Members" link to go to your member roster
- Place a checkmark next to the student's name; if they are not on this list, please add them.
- Select the "More Actions" button in the lower right corner
- Select "Add Individual Membership" from the drop-down menu
- Using option 2 enter the email address of the existing account.
Please allow 24-48 hours for this link to be processed by our Customer Support team.