How do I adjust the size, format, and contraction of Braille (BRF) books?
It is possible to choose the format of our BRF books. They can be formatted for a refreshable braille display or a braille embosser, and provided in either contracted or uncontracted braille.
To adjust these options on Individual Memberships:
- Log into Bookshare
- Select the My Account link
- Select the Preferences link
- Select the desired setting for the Size and Format dropdown box
- Select the desired setting for the Braille Grade dropdown box
- Save preferences
To adjust these options for members on Organizational Accounts:
- Log in to Bookshare
- Select the "Members" link from the left-hand menu
- Select the pencil icon next to the name of the members(s) for whom you will download titles
- Open the "Reading Preferences" portion of the dialog box
- Select the desired settings.
- Select "Save." Note that you can change these preferences as often as needed.