How do I download audio files from Bookshare?
Update your audio download preferences:
- Log in to your Bookshare account and select the My Account link on the top left corner of the page.
- Under My Summary, select the Edit Preferences link.
- Under the Download Preferences heading, select DAISY Audio from the Audio Format drop-down box.
- Select the Save button on the bottom of the page to make your changes.
If you are a Sponsor downloading on behalf of a student, you'll need to update your student's download preferences through your Member Roster.
Download the book to your computer:
- Search for a book using the text box near the top of the page.
- Once you've located the book, select its title from the search results.
- Under the title and author of the book, select Audio from the Download Format drop-down/combo box.
- Select the Download button. You will then be taken to your My History page.
- Your My History page shows the title, format, and status of books you've recently downloaded. Audiobooks take a bit longer to prepare to download, so if the status of the book indicates “In Progress” you may need to wait a few minutes to a few hours before you can save it to your computer. You'll receive an email once the book is ready for downloading.
- When the book is ready to download, navigate to your My History page and select the Available link under the status of the book.
Unzip the book folder:
- Locate the book you just downloaded. Books are saved to the Downloads folder by default.
- Right-click the folder (or press Shift plus F10), then select Extract All. This will open the "Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders" dialog box.
- Select the Extract button. If you wish to save the folder in a different location, first press the Browse button and choose a new location.
Transfer the book to your player:
- Select the book folder, then press Ctrl + C to copy the entire folder.
- Connect your DAISY Player to your computer and open the storage folder.
- Press Ctrl + V to paste the book on to DAISY Player.
- Eject the DAISY Player and enjoy your book