Which students qualify for free subscriptions underwritten by OSEP?
The U.S. Department of Education Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) has funded access to Bookshare for all U.S. print-disabled students in K-12, post-secondary, graduate and continuing education classes. Read more about the OSEP award here: Benetech Wins Five Year Award.
Here is some information on what qualifies as a class:
We include students who are enrolled in classes which are offered by an educational institution, are on-going for a period of at least a month and are part of a course of study or curriculum that follow a named set of course-work. This includes distance education.
Examples of classes that qualify:
- Classes that lead to a degree or certificate
- Professional development courses
- Guide dog classes
- Computer training classes
- Hadley School distance education classes
Examples of activities that don't qualify:
- Short courses (<1 month duration)
- 1:1 tutoring or training
- Non-academic courses such as an exercise classes