Which students qualify for free subscriptions underwritten by OSEP?
The U.S. Department of Education Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) has funded access to Bookshare for all qualified U.S. students in K-12, post-secondary, graduate and continuing education classes.
Here is some information on what qualifies as a class:
We include students who are enrolled in classes which are offered by an educational institution, are on-going for a period of at least a month and are part of a course of study or curriculum that follow a named set of course-work. This includes distance education.
Examples of classes that qualify:
- Classes that lead to a degree or certificate
- Professional development courses
- Guide dog classes
- Computer training classes
- Hadley School distance education classes
Examples of activities that don't qualify:
- Short courses (<1 month duration)
- 1:1 tutoring or training
- Non-academic courses such as an exercise classes