Why do I get an app not approved message when installing Read:OutLoud on a Mac?
If you're receiving a message stating that Read:OutLoud cannot be installed because it is not an approved app from the App store, please do the following:
- Select the Apple icon on the top left.
- Select Preferences.
- Select Security & Privacy.
- On the bottom left select the padlock icon.
- When prompted enter your Admin password for your computer.
- Under Allow applications downloaded from, select the Anywhere option.
- Select the Allow when prompted.
- Close the preference window and run the installation for Read:OutLoud.
You should now be able to install the program. After installation, you can revert back to your prior settings.