Why do I not get any voices when using the Bookshare Web Reader?
You must use Google Chrome with Bookshare Web Reader to use your computer's built-in text-to-speech. Please go to: https://aboutmybrowser.com/ and confirm you have Chrome version 23 or above.
If you are using Chrome version 23 or above and you still do not hear your computer's built-in text-to-speech and on Windows, please do the following:
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Under search, enter "text to speech"
- Select the option that say change text to speech settings.
- Under Voice Selection, choose the voice appropriate for your Operating System.
- For Windows Vista or 7, select Microsoft Anna under the Voice Selection drop down menu.
- For Windows 8, select Microsoft David, Hazel, or Zira under the Voice Selection drop down menu.
Select the preview voice button, Apply then OK.