"Learn it Now" Tutorials
Whether you're new to Bookshare or you are looking for a refresher, take a look at one of our "Learn it Now" video tutorials.
Explore our YouTube page today!
Basic Bookshare Information
- "Bookshare Website Tour" - Learn more about Bookshare's new website with this quick tour. (Transcript)
- "What is Bookshare?" - This short video provides an informative overview of Bookshare. Share it with family, friends, and colleagues! (Transcript)
- "Who is Eligible for Bookshare?" - A helpful companion to the "What is Bookshare" video, this short video explains who qualifies for Bookshare. (Transcript)
- "How Do I Sign Up My School?" - This short video demonstrates how schools can sign up for a Bookshare Organizational Membership. (Transcript)
- "How Do I Help My Students Read?" - This short video demonstrates how to set up Student Logins for faster and easier Bookshare access.
- "How to Sign up for an Individual Membership for Non-Students" - This short video demonstrates how qualified individuals can sign up for a Bookshare Individual Membership. (Transcript)
- "How to Get Individual Memberships for Students" This short video demonstrates how students on organizational accounts can also get a Bookshare Individual Membership. (Transcript)
Finding and Organizing Books
- "How to Find and Request Bookshare Books" - Learn the different ways of locating books and requesting new titles to add to the collection. (Transcript)
- "How to Use Bookshare's Reading Lists" - Learn how to use the Reading List feature to save and organize titles and share those titles with students. (Transcript)
- "Read Your First Book for Individual Members" - Learn how easy it is for Individual Members to read their first book. (Transcript)
- "How to Read with Bookshare Web Reader" - Learn how to read Bookshare books with our free web-based tool called Web Reader.
- "How to Set Up Student Logins" - Learn how to set up student logins so students can read independently with Bookshare Web Reader or a reading tool of their choice. (Transcript)
- "Help Students Read Independently with Bookshare Web Reader" - Learn how to get your students access to Bookshare Web Reader. (Transcript)
- "Sponsors on Organizational Accounts: Download Your First Book" - Learn how easy it is for Organizational Members to read their first book. (Transcript)
- "How Do I Read Bookshare Books Using Read:OutLoud on a PC?" - This short video explains how to open and read Bookshare books in Read:OutLoud Bookshare edition. (Transcript) *Note the latest steps for opening books in Read:OutLoud.
- "How Do I Use the Study Tools in Read:OutLoud Bookshare Edition?" - This short video explains the various study tools in Read:OutLoud Bookshare edition. (Transcript)
- "Read2Go Mobile App" - This short video demonstrates how to read Bookshare books on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. (Transcript)
- "Go Read Mobile App" - This short video demonstrates how to read Bookshare books on Android smartphones and tablets. (Transcript)
Bookshare and Response to Intervention (RTI). Four videos focused on how Bookshare supports the RTI framework.
- Using Bookshare to Support Instruction: Reading to Learn vs Learning to Read (Transcript)
- How Can RTI Help Determine Bookshare Eligbility (Transcript)
- Using Bookshare to Support Student Reading: Phonemic Awareness, Phonics and Fluency (Transcript)
- Using Bookshare to Support Student Reading: Vocabulary and Comprehension (Transcript)
Bookshare has changed the lives of many individuals. Listen to their stories and learn how:
- "Bookshare ayuda a los estudiantes con dislexia a hacerse aficionados a la lectura" Introducing the Alvarez family from Plano, Texas, whose son, Jose, has dyslexia, and now thanks to Bookshare, is an avid reader.(Transcripcion) (Transcript)
- "Una odisea con dislexia: la perspectiva de un padre" A father shares about his son’s challenges with reading and determination to overcome them.(Transcripcion) (Transcript)
- "For UTSA Student, Books and Bookshare Are Keys to Future" (Transcript)
- "Bookshare Helps A&M Student Dream Big" (Transcript)
- "As They See It: Technology for Students with Learning Disabilities" Video (YouTube) (Transcript)
- "As They See It: Technology for Students with Learning Disabilities" (With Audio Descriptions)
- Share and enjoy Possibilities Abound With Bookshare, an animation that explains what Bookshare is and how it impacts readers with print disabilities.
- Sixth grade student Kevin Leong discusses his reading challenges before discovering Bookshare and explains how he can read books quickly and easily with Bookshare Web Reader. (2:00) (Transcript)
- Drake Leong, father of Bookshare student member Kevin Leong, talks about Kevin's reading challenges and how Bookshare has helped Kevin overcome them. (2:46) (Transcript)
- Rushelle Harvey, a high school student, shares her experience using Bookshare and how it prepared her for college. (0.55) (Transcript)
- Jessica Pinto, An 8th grade student with a physical disability, uses Bookshare to read books on her laptop in an enlarged font. (2:01) (Transcript) Audio (MP3)
- Alex Clark, a middle school student with a learning disability, reads Bookshare books using the Kurzweil 3000 text-to-voice software. (2:01) (Transcript), Audio (MP3)
- Shane McKnight reads Bookshare books with the Kurzweil 3000 text-to-voice software (1:56) (Transcript) Audio (MP3)
- Steffon Middleton an aspiring media producer with a visual disability, uses his BrailleNote portable device to read books from Bookshare. (2:30) (Transcript), Audio (MP3)
- High school student Alexis talks about how Bookshare helped her get access to required reading that enabled her to stay in school. (2:56) (Transcript)
- Dane and his mother, Kathryn, talk about how Bookshare helped boost his confidence and ability to read independently. (3:04) (Transcript)
You can also find more videos on our Bookshare YouTube channel or Teacher Tube.